- The VECCS Board is eager to have you and has confirmed the following arrangements:
- VECCS will provide Complimentary General Registration for those students who work at least two half-day blocks (a block is an entire morning or an entire afternoon) as Room Monitors, Assistant Moderators, Registration Support, or assist with the 5K Fun Run. (Once our office registers you, you will be able to add workshops, labs, order proceedings, register companions, and sign-up for 5K run at your cost.)
- We can utilize approximately 50 students, and selection is on a first come, first served basis. Priority for selection will be as follows:
- Member of VECCS and SVECCS
- Non-member of either, but volunteering
- We will attempt to utilize students from every school from which SVECCS students apply
- You will be notified of your assignment in early August 2017.
- Should you not complete the agreed upon work schedule, you will be billed for Student Onsite Registration fees.
- A Reception for students, residents, interns and SVECCS Advisors will be held at IVECCS (date/time TBA). Please do your best to attend.
Description of Duties:
Duties will allow students to be involved in IVECCS while attending the lectures and Limited Enrollment Sessions (LES) they are interested in. Generally, student volunteers are utilized in one of three ways:
a) Assistant Moderators / Room Monitors:
Assistant Moderator - For Core Lectures, assist the Moderator who has the responsibility for running the program in that room. Student volunteers will check badges of registrants to verify he/she is eligible to enter, assist with the lights, the sound, room temperature, the need for more chairs, etc. Students will assist the Moderator (i.e. while Moderator introduces the speaker, the student adjust the lights and monitors the entry of attendees.)
Room Monitor - For Limited Enrollment Sessions (LES’s) monitor entrance into the courses (Labs, Workshops, and Discussion Sessions), take tickets for these additional fee courses; assist the instructor(s) if necessary with set-up, other miscellaneous tasks. Be at the session 30 minutes prior to start and remain 30 minutes after it begins.
b) Registration Support:
Performing miscellaneous support duties as needed as assigned by the Registration Manager.
c) 5K Fun Run
Student volunteers will assist the 5K coordinator as needed, possibly handling 5K registration pickup or help with duties during the 5K run.
Once we receive the list of students who would like to work, we will develop a schedule and send to each volunteer selected. Orientation meetings will be held at IVECCS to outline your duties and assignments. Remember, to get the free registration, you must work at least 2 half day blocks.
Please find the application here